 Off-Topic / Debate / 18186
Re: Vote against/for...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 20:23:32 GMT

C'mon John, stop making me defend Scott, it's really annoying. (while he did
correctly point out that no one is perfect, he forgot to add that some of us
are closer than others)

I will not relent on this.  Explain exactly what skin color has to do with the
point of your little assertion.  Isn't your real beef with the rich?  Aren't
you in essence merely inciting class warfare?  It's such a tired liberal
argument that is IMO coming home to bite liberal Democrats in this country.

deny that members of all other races are doing quite well in this country and
that millions of whites are not is quite simply race baiting and you should
retract.

Straw dog. That's not what he said...

He merely pointed out that still, even after all the progress that we've
made in this country, it helps to be white. That's wrong. Plain and simple.

How to fix it? I dunno. It's clear (to me anyway) that welfare and
affirmative action, are at this point, making things worse rather than better.

He also pointed out that it helps to be rich. I'm OK with that. Well, sort
of OK anyway. There's good honest rich and not so good dishonest rich. Up
with the former, from which all good things flow, and down with the latter.