 Off-Topic / Debate / 18075
Re: Warriors or Fools? (was Re: Former Iraqi General)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:55:19 GMT

You have to wonder: why exactly does this non-emergency with Saddam have to
happen RIGHT NOW? Or is it just to distract from bigger issues?

  As if he weren't already a canonized thief, W has in a single stroke
demonstrated that Clinton (anyone remember our most recently elected
President?) was far from our least moral commander-in-chief.

If you haven't had the sense to do so before now, let your reps and senators
know that you don't want war, just a more secure homeland and economic
stability.

  Four of the six reps in my area voted in favor, and the other two have
been dismissed locally as "that crazy liberal" and "voting to please his
constituents."  Two of the assenting reps are closet theocrats interested
primarily in furthering the twin agendas of The Party Line and The Christian
Right.

  I never thought I'd see the day when I actually agreed with Sen. Byrd on
an issue.

  The sickening thing in all of this is that members of Congress are
claiming "we think we're doing what our constituents want."  Excuse me?
That's like saying "I didn't assault her; she was *asking* for it."

  How does Bush, the most un-charismatic President since Nixon, manage to
get everything he wants on every single issue?  He doesn't have the strength
of reason or logic or evidence, yet he just hangs around until everyone
caves in!  Disgusting.  Nothing has changed in Iraq for at least several
years, and now, with no evidence whatsoever, Bush expects us to take it on
faith that Saddam's on the verge of personally invading every American home.
The same Congress that demanded to see Clinton's semen is allowing Bush to
take whatever liberties he wants, utterly without question or even a token
"wait a second."

     Dave!