 Off-Topic / Debate / 18073
Re: Former Iraqi General
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 03:40:52 GMT

Armed rebellion...at least for a little while yet.

Well, maybe it's time for me to be a little foolish maybe.  I think as long
as they know we could revolt, there is likely to never be the actual need to
do so -- rather like the concept of mutually assured destruction.

Isn't that the real reason behind the "gun control is good" lobby?  "Support
gun control and give up your fundamental rights today."  The Tyrants that
actually believe what they do is for our own good, are the most dangerous of
all.  (I know, I know, preaching... choir)

I don't
think they'll want that oil "over there" quite that badly, we just need to
let them know that we see a difference between going after those responsible
for 911 (saudi arabia -- Bush's *pals* like the Bin Ladens) and an
irresponsible war that is scaring investors and throwing the economy into
the toilet.

Just as Bush took the presidency in a bloodless coup that goes all the way
to the Supreme Court, we can take back the presidency and congress soon
enough AND without blood.

Mainly we have to get this puppet out of the white house...

NO BLOOD FOR OIL!

All I care about is homeland defense and a stronger economy.  I don't care
that much about the rest of world (I mean, let it care for itself -- just as
we should do FIRST and FOREMOST).  Seeing as how our current foreign
policies are irretrievably screwed up, I'd say we should just leave off for
a while.

Sounds good to me.

-Mike Petrucelli