 Off-Topic / Debate / 18074
18073  |  18075
Subject:
Warriors or Fools? (was Re: Former Iraqi General)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 07:56:43 GMT

Well, it's all just so many words now.  From what I understand of it, our
reps did well by us in the Bay Area, CA.  What's everyone else's excuse?

It is not generally thought that any war right now will be good for the economy.

With low sales numbers for last month, the holiday shopping season being 6
days shorter this year, with the longshoreman's strike setting back store
stocks by possibly weeks, with the economy pulled back by probably billions,
with investors jittery, with scandal after scandal amongst even the top
corporations and investment firms -- might I just say that war sounds
irrational in the face of looming economic disaster?  You have to wonder:
why exactly does this non-emergency with Saddam have to happen RIGHT NOW?
Or is it just to distract from bigger issues?

I think things are going to get weird-er.

If you haven't had the sense to do so before now, let your reps and senators
know that you don't want war, just a more secure homeland and economic
stability.

Y'know, I am too old to be drafted.  I worry for the sake of the young --
for those with their whole lives ahead of them.  Why let them die for Bush's
oil concerns when CNN says we have hydrogen vehicles waiting in the wings?

We are in the grip of madness...

-- Hop-Frog