 Off-Topic / Debate / 17346
Re: Absurd price differences at LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 00:19:30 GMT

No thanks, I'm looking at Florida, where I can buy a current house, approx 1
acre lot, 2500-3000+ sq ft, 4 BR, and anywhere from 2-4 car garage (some
detached, some not) for $175-250K.

And no state income tax ;-)

Lester Witter wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Thomas Stangl writes:
It may be cheap to own a house in SOME places in the US, but others are • insane.

In my area, unless I'm willing to deal with stray bullets occasionally, the
cheapest I will find a 2BR house that doesn't need a TON of work is over • $400K, and
nearing $500K.

Move to Saline MI

For illustrative purposes, only, not for sale

    1650 SqFt
    4 BR
    2 Bath
    Full LEGO storage area (basement) It's a ranch
    2-1/2 Car garage and plenty of street parking (no meters)
    Best public schools in state (Kindergarden/1st grade across street)
    Community hospital down the street
    Park with hugh play area 3 min walk
    1/5 acre lot (I don't like to garden this is a plus for me)
    Active friendly community
    Very low (almost non-existant) crime rate
    Typical drive to work in Ann Arbor 20 min
    Redwings
    MichLug

  Cost of home (Estimate) $240,000
  Annual property taxes - $3300
  Tollerant Non-AFOL spouse - Priceless

Lester Witter

PS $450,00 gets you 3000 Sqft new construction palace on a 1+ Acre lot.

--
http://www.sun.com/service/support/software/iplanet/index.html