 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4952
Re: Absurd price differences at LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:35:08 GMT

"Hector" <hector-nospam-@danbbs.dk> wrote in message

"Lawrence Wilkes" <lawrence@wilkesworld.co.uk> wrote in message
wheras in Denmark, where Lego Direct ship from,
it is 25%.
xxxxx
VAT i Denmark is 25% on _all_ sales from any shop. ;-(
And Lego Direct ships from the U.K. i believe, I´m almost 100% sure on • this
matter.

I presume the shop at home prices therefore include 25% VAT.
Yes, for selling to Danish customers, but for all other customers, the VAT
most be local rate - i think, but I am not 100% into international VAT
rules. ;-)

No.
I understood that all European shipments, with possible exception of
Germany(?) are shipped from Denmark. They even ship to Australia from
Denmark.

The shipment I have had in UK came from Denmark. Some have reported
shipments to UK from Germany.
They may have changed this recently - must confess I never bother looking at
the box.
However, the shipment charges and times seem more consistent with something
being shipped from Denmark than from UK.

I guess the question of VAT rate could be where is the sale made and
recorded, as opposed to where is the shipment dispatched from. The sales
hotline is based in the UK, but what does it mean to place an order on the
website? Where is that order taken?

It is hard to figure out. All shop at home says is "VAT is added at the
appropriate amount", without saying what appropriate means.
And on the only invoice I have kept there is no indication of VAT.
There is a row for TAX, but this has 0 in it.

Lawrence