 Off-Topic / Debate / 16929
Re: Are some of you guys making it too easy on the rest of us?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 21:31:05 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
More often than not, I find myself not replying to many points in a
discussion, because I just KNOW that by the time I start doing any decent
research, one of you will have completed their research and posted the
results by then (e.g., Chris' research on term lengths in the Senate - I
KNEW John's 5:1 was preposterous, but why waste time disproving it?  By the
time I had read John's post, Chris had already refuted it).

Refuted it?  Hardly.  First off, choosing the senate as a basis for
investigation is flawed from the start because their terms are so long.
Second, he calls a senator who has merely won his third term (but not served 1
day of the third term) a "long-timer".  Even he admitted that his exercise was
inconclusive.

Your preconceived notions have clouded your judgment.

-John