 Off-Topic / Debate / 16935
Re: Are some of you guys making it too easy on the rest of us?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 22:08:26 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
More often than not, I find myself not replying to many points in a
discussion, because I just KNOW that by the time I start doing any decent
research, one of you will have completed their research and posted the
results by then

I know what you mean.  I didn't figure anyone would actually do the Senate
thingy, I was just fooling around at work.  :-)

(e.g., Chris' research on term lengths in the Senate - I
KNEW John's 5:1 was preposterous, but why waste time disproving it?  By the
time I had read John's post, Chris had already refuted it).

I actually don't think that I refuted it...just provided some data.  But I
agree that his 5:1 is likely too high.  On the other hand, the idea he was
expressing may be correct.  I think a Republican is more likely to jump right
into serious politics through the use of significant money rather than basing
it on a career of service.  That alone tips it in the direction, if not to the
extent that John suggested.

It makes the threads more interesting, but it is making my research skills
wither ;-)

You could do the House.  ;-)

Chris