 Off-Topic / Debate / 168
167  |  169
Subject:
True meaning assertions? (was Re: My version -- The meaning of CHRISTmas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 06:09:05 GMT

Steve Berry wrote:

Now that Larry has defined the "True meaning of Christmas," I thought I would.

Oh, just as a clarification here, please, I dispute that I did any such
thing. This whole brawl started because I, in passing, but I contend
very much in context for my append, mentioned that "I celebrate
Christmas because it's fun, not because of Christ."

That hardly qualifies as defining any true meanings. And I'd say that
none of my subsequent posts to this group, prior to Steve making this
assertion, claimed to be defining anything either.

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.