 Off-Topic / Debate / 16174
  Re: Canceled Lego Theme...?

(...) Yeah, I thought he was from England;-) (...) Yes, leave it to the scum to circumvent law to appease their perversions. The slippery slope slants both ways. Our society will be hurt by this. -John (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Canceled Lego Theme...?

(...) Have you read the proposed law? It was far to broad to enacted or objectively enforced. Any movie that portrayed high schoolers in adult situations, nothing graphic mind you, would be considered child pornography under this law. That is only a (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Canceled Lego Theme...?

(...) There's that word again. And here's another anecdote from my storied history: While in college I met a 20-year-old woman with Turner's syndrome; she had only a single chromosome, she never developed secondary sexual characteristics, and she (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Canceled Lego Theme...?

(...) There's the Christian ideal, 'Hate the sin, not the sinner'. Name calling (a la 'scum') does not help in resolution of the problem. Quoting Pastor Doug Mckenzie " My topic today is bugs... Everyone hates bugs But why kill them, If everyone (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Canceled Lego Theme...?

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Schuler writes: While in college I met a 20-year-old woman with Turner's syndrome; (...) Wow. Even amoebas have more than that, IIRC..... (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Canceled Lego Theme...?

(...) Well, I did mention that she was short. Should have read "only a single X chromosome." In any case, you didn't address the salient point that under the too-broad law you seem to support, the woman's rights to expression would be curtailed (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Canceled Lego Theme...?

(...) Sorry-- couldn't resist:-) (...) It is an interesting scenario. I am not for the government restricting the rights of adults so much as I am concerned about protecting minors from disgusting things adults like to do. Although she *is* free to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Canceled Lego Theme...?

(...) Nicely said! The second someone's actions negatively impact on someone else, is where the line is drawn. If a person gets his kicks by reading dirty magazines, he has the freedom to do so. If he leaves the magazine laying around for kids to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)