 Off-Topic / Debate / 1614
Re: A young start?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 11:17:37 GMT

On Sun, 11 Jul 1999 01:46:18 GMT, John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net>
wrote:

Oh, you just hit one of my hot buttons.  I'll answer your question.  Because a
lot of today's parents are either a) lazy-assed or b) both working and are too
tired to keep up with their spirited children.  So what's a frazzled or
lazy-ass parent to do?  Get them diagnosed ADD and give them drugs to slow them
down to their speed.  And what a bizarre coincidence that 90% or some such
absurdly high percentage of the world's children who are diagnosed ADD are
American!  Maybe it's something in our water.  Maybe my favorite line from the

Hmm.. Around here, my personal experience about hyperactive kids tends
to suiggest that 90% of the time it's an allergy, usually to coloring
agents.

Now, I dunno how real life in the US is, but the imported stuff we get
from over there is usually _rigid_ with preservatives & artifical
coloring/taste/smell agents.

Note Followup-to:.

Jasper