 Off-Topic / Debate / 1613
Re: An interesting URL from my favorite newspaper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:33:28 GMT

On Sat, 3 Jul 1999 21:07:42 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net>
wrote:

Read it, then ask yourself, were the founding fathers such fools, or is

Hey, you said it, I didn't ;)

there something fundamentally different about men (and the governments
they construct) now that we're willing to trust government when they did
not?

Basically, we no longer live in a Dark Age frontier anymore?

I'm not convinced anything is different now. I trust the average joe to
be good but the average politician to be venal.

Think about _that_ for a while.

Happy 4th of July. Think about why it's a holiday while you're
barbecueing.

Happy Good Riddance day, as a British friend of mine used to say... ;)

Jasper