 Off-Topic / Debate / 1363
Re: An interesting URL from my favorite newspaper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 06:09:35 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
which has bearing on the current debate

http://www.investors.com/stories/IF/1999/Jul/6/20.html

Read it, then ask yourself, were the founding fathers such fools, or is
there something fundamentally different about men (and the governments
they construct) now that we're willing to trust government when they did
not?

I'm not convinced anything is different now. I trust the average joe to
be good but the average politician to be venal.

Happy 4th of July. Think about why it's a holiday while you're
barbecueing.

I wonder how many people can read those words and not be moved by
them?

Small measures, indeed.

''If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude
greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in
peace,'' said Samuel Adams of Boston. ''We seek not your counsel, nor
your arms. Crouch and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity
forget that ye were our countrymen.''

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)