 Off-Topic / Debate / 16083
    Debate —Frank Filz
   Folks, I am going to bow out of off-topic.debate. Please feel free to call me on it should I come back. This forum seems utterly useless. I don't see any real debate going on. I see people holding intractable positions and when I try and find a (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Debate —Scott Arthur
      I value your contributions; I hope you change your mind in the very near future. I'm sure others agree with me. Scott A (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Debate —Dave Schuler
     (...) The "need" for OT.Debate has often been discussed, and good points have been raised both pro and con. I suppose the bottom line is that OT squabbles will arise in most of the LUGNET discussion groups as a matter of course, so it's helpful to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Debate —Christopher L. Weeks
     (...) Gosh. 95%? I didn't know it was so high. It seems like the only way you could really disagree with me that much was to have incredibly middle of the road views. I mostly radical stances but in all "directions." Is that how you would (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Debate —Dave Schuler
     (...) That was more of a hyperbole, really, and sort of a nod to your superior grasp of statistics. Anyway, I'm sure most of our disagreements are merely online--I think in the real world our views would be much more compatible. (...) See? That's my (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Debate —Christopher L. Weeks
     (...) You said something to that effect a couple of days ago. It's funny -- I consider myself a complete amature when it comes to statistics. I'm comfy applying and analyzing stats to social-science kind of situations and I can use SAS, SPSS, or (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Debate —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) See ya, you'll be missed. (...) I think that good stuff happens here amid the bad. I think that debate happens. I have changed my mind more than once due to discussion on this newsgroup. I place such a premium value on having that happen that (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)