 Off-Topic / Debate / 15996
Re: Mega Bloks IPO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 05:15:59 GMT

I remember reading that roughly 80% of IPOs drop to less than half their IPO
price within a year. Generally, not a great investment, unless it was Microsoft.
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Ron Sedlmeyer writes:

Disclaimer: it is a very, very bad idea to participate in an IPO. Don't even
think of it. But do try to obtain the "red herring", it should be
interesting reading. I don't work for any of these companies.

I wouldn't say it's a "very, very bad idea"...Just a very, very risky idea.
This is worse than playing the lottery. You have a very small chance of
winning big, and a very LARGE chance of losing all the money you invested.
If you play the IPO game with this knowledge, you will not be suprised
(disappointed maybe, but not suprised).

   Ron

Followups to l.o-t.debate for IPO discussions....