 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1195
Re: Mega Bloks IPO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 23:09:03 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, David Gregory writes:
   I have no idea what any of that means.  Is a red herring what the Knights
of Ni want us to chop down the Mightiest Tree in the forest with?  And what
does IPO stand for?  I honestly got an A in my economics class a year ago, but
I don't recall either of those 2 terms.
   Please, someone help an economical ignoramus in need!  (I'm reffering to
myself, of course.)

Hi,

A "red herring" is the US term. Since it was made in Canada it might not be
a red herring.  It's a colorful name for the first public document
describing the company's offering of securities. US law requires a big RED
INK disclaimer on the cover.

IPO is the Initial Public Offering, or first-ever sale of stock to the
public, something LEGO has never done.

Hope this helps
-Erik