 Announcements / 1564
1563  |  1565
Subject:
Mega Bloks IPO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 18:42:36 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I just read on the Bloomberg news wire that Mega Bloks, Inc. will IPO and
list its stock as "MB" on the Toronto Stock Exchange. The underwriters are
Merrill Lynch, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, and National Bank of Canada.

This is big news because it means that soon Mega Bloks will issue a "red
herring" prospectus for investors, divulging facts and figures on all
aspects of their business: their goals, their analysis of the competition,
their expenses for developing and making products, debt structure, and all
manner of risks they foresee. It means they take the step of running their
company with more transparency to the individual investor (and the media who
will look for stories in anything they release.)

Disclaimer: it is a very, very bad idea to participate in an IPO. Don't even
think of it. But do try to obtain the "red herring", it should be
interesting reading. I don't work for any of these companies.