 Off-Topic / Debate / 15897
Re: Curious, if true
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 23:03:52 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Pedro Silva" <el_gordo@netc.pt> writes:

Today's newspaper had an interesting article about possible uses for
cannabis, besides the obvious "smoke it" one; one of the many uses
mentioned was paper, and as an example they mentioned the American
Declaration of Independance, along with Gutenberg's Bible. Is this
true?

When I visited Berlin in the mid-nineties, I bought half a kilo of hemp
seeds to bring home.  This was the non-THC variant.  It tastes good and
is very healthy.  I used it in my breakfast cereals!

Have you tried the tea?

When it comes to the American constitution, the quote is supposed to be:

   "Make the most you can out of the new Indian hemp seed, and sow it
   everywhere."

I don't know if it is true.  You can do a search on the internet for the
quote and see what you can find.

I fear the results... :-D
By the time the US constitution was written, the drug issue was still not a
social problem: all drugs were smoked (as opposed to the current IV ones).
So it is fair to think the general public would be less worried with growing
hemp (which is, after all, not much different from tobacco) or any other
smoke-drug.

Pedro