 Off-Topic / Debate / 15449
Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 22:09:54 GMT

I seem to have done more harm than good.

I object to you labeling yourself an 'insider' in a multinational internet
discussion group.

All I meant was frequent participant of this particular news group.  I guess
that wasn't obvious, though I hadn't (and still haven't) come up with any other
plausible meaning.

I don't know who you are, or what your relationaship is to Lugnet

Just a user.

I think there is a particular problem with the cliquiness
running through this neighborhood.

How so?

You may very well have inside information about many of
the issues here, but this was a public conversation.

I guess this is an idication of what you thought I meant by 'inside?'  I
certainly don't have any non public information about this.

I...wanted to add my opinion to the most germaine of them.

Clearly.

2) There was finally, _finally_, FINALLY, some resolution even if it was an
unpleasant and ugly resolution.

I didn't see this.  Honestly, I don't know what resolution there was except
silence.

Larry left in a huff (though I guess he still reads here) and Scott's been more
quiet.  I guess it's only sort of a resolution, but it was a break in the
noise.

3) This guy that doesn't normally participate here just "barged" in and tried
to stir the embers into a flame.

You have really no knowledge of my participation.

Well, I'm not sure what you mean.  I'm obviously (at least I thought it was
obvious...maybe that's the whole problem here) talking about l.o-t.d only.  As
far as that goes, I certainly _do_ know what your participation has been like.

You wrote a note in the Mladen blow up seven months ago, you wrote a couple of
nice notes four months ago in the wake of the 9/11 attack, and you wrote a
vaguely inflamitory note a month ago.  In the past few days you've responded
with four other notes.  What's not to know?

So I am fairly insulted by being considered someone who
barges in.  I don't expect you to value my opinion as a friend,
but at least respect that not everyone who adds
a comment outside of his/her usual threads is an outsider!

Look, you're welcome to feel insulted.  It's nothing to me if that's how you
wish to take things.  You seem to have layered more emotion or meaning or
something onto a bunch of words than is needed or productive.  I was laying out
how it seemed to one person and how it might have seemed to others.  Whether
you like it or not -- or choose to benefit from my perspective, is up to you.

So, I understand that you were just describing your feelings at
the time, and I respect that.  But I don't want to leave it unanswered.

OK.

Chris