 Off-Topic / Debate / 15440
Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:51:54 GMT

Alfred:

What would possess you to bring this topic up after the approx. 20 days the
thread has been dead?

Your suggestion to Larry has been made by others ad nauseam. Everyone here
can be expected to act in accord with their own wishes. No one is banning
anyone.  The issue is dead.

Please do not post about that issue again -- I think it shows a certain lack
of social skills, or perhaps something else (of which I wouldn't care to
speculate).

-- Hop-Frog

Well, my reasoning is this: I don't read every part of Lugnet every day.  In
fact, I rarely read (or am even interested in) lugnet.general or lugnet.admin
or off-topic debate.  I am interested in Lego.  So, what I read is usually
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space,
lugnet.whateverisaboutbuildingandhavingfunwiththelittleplasticpieces. :)
(Incidentally, the only way I found this was by searching the news for my name,
which I do often enough, just to make sure I am following the threads that I
may have started or replied to.)

You get my point, I am sure.

Anyway, I don't see any of the posts on Lugnet as being off limits for further
discussion.  If people thought they are, then they should be cancelled!

Now, I am doing it again.  It has been a good 2 weeks or so since this was
posted.  I presume you are open to a reply, or you wouldn't have bothered.
Looking at the resultant discussion, I think what I did was a GOOD thing.  At
least in the idea that some good "How do we help the community" discussion has
taken place.  (Even thoa it was in response to your little flame--which I don't
begrudge your right to post!)

In short, I will not be silenced by the like of you.  I will not respect your
command to not post about the issue again.  I will say my mind, when and if I
have an opinion.

About my accused lack of social skills.. well, I will follow my own advice, and
not reply on that account.

-Alfred