 Off-Topic / Debate / 15441
Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 18:37:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Alfred Speredelozzi writes:
Well, my reasoning is this: I don't read every part of Lugnet every day.  In
fact, I rarely read (or am even interested in) lugnet.general or lugnet.admin
or off-topic debate. <SNIP>Anyway, I don't see any of the posts on Lugnet as >being off limits for further discussion.  If people thought they are, then >they should be cancelled!

Right, nothing is off limits.  At the same time, people are expected to post
INFORMED statements showing that they have read most of the thread and at
least understand the basic issue under discussion.  You did neither, and in
general that is considered bad netiquette.

In short, I will not be silenced by the like of you.  I will not respect your
command to not post about the issue again.  I will say my mind, when and if I
have an opinion.

You are after the wrong guy on this count, generally I seek greater freedom
of expression.  I am hardly seeking to silence you -- well, except for this
one post. It was just that you had wittingly or unwittingly jumped in on a
very sore subject of the off-topic newsgroup -- something that plagues it
perhaps to this very day, although things do seem better.  Said subject
being the Scott and Larry Show.

And it was hardly a command.  I did ask "please," although you might not
have liked the rest of that statement.

About my accused lack of social skills..

...I will stand behind my words.  I think your follow up makes all of my
points for me...

If you don't care enough to be informed, please consider not reading and not
posting in this newsgroup -- especially on topics you are almost guaranteed
to know little about.

-- Hop-Frog