 Off-Topic / Debate / 13983
Re: eBay's Auction for America
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 14:22:41 GMT

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message

4 points:
1) It was because I have some consideration towards people that I made the • post.
2) The post was about Lego direct - it was not off.topic chat (in my • opinion).
3) I was debating nothing. What I said is my view, and calling me "rude"
won't change it.

As for the charter. Read this:
==+==
This new .lego.* area (especially .lego.direct) is intended more as a
"community dialogue with the LEGO Company -- for courteous and concise
discussion" than as a regular traffic discussion group.
==+==

Now read John Neal's message:
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=3425

To quote John, you are a piece of work.  Not only was what you posted rude
and insensitive to the tragedy which occured within a mile of LD, you spin
this to make it look like John was the instigator.  If you want to debate
where to give charitable aid to, take it to debate.  If you're capable, show
a little more kindness to the people at LD who were probably very shaken by
the events (as we all were) and thought hard about what to do to give back.

You've only served to solidify my already low opinion of you.

I stand by my words.

xfut -> .debate

-Tim