 Administrative / General / 9596
Re: eBay's Auction for America
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:37:30 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
If Suzanne reads my posts and thinks they are off-topic, she is welcome to
cancel them,

It is against LUGNET policy to cancel posts, even for major ToS violations,
unless the circumstances are very extreme. (1) YOU need to request that the
posts be cancelled, else LUGNET is exercising editorial control which they
only very rarely (some would say never) do, for good and sufficient legal
reasons.

or even transfer them to OTD (if that can be done).

It can't be done under current LUGNET technology.(1)

What is being asked is that you confine your debate to .debate... John's
reply had followups - properly - set to .debate. It would not even have
*been* in .direct if YOU had set followups properly. So you slamming it
shows that you KNOW it belongs in debate as did your original post.

My comment stands, you are rude for contravening the followups and putting
your debate back in lego.direct, in direct contravention to the wishes of
all the other participants (vocal AND so far publicly silent if email is a
judge).

We won't (here) get into the moral failings that bring you to trash a
company for an act of kindness, that would be a topic for another group.

1 - Both of these statements are based on my close observation of past
situations and understanding of LUGNET policy and are not any sort of
official statement, obviously. But I am willing to bet on their essential
correctness since I am a careful reader of what is said in this group and in
the ToS. Your making those statements suggests that you are less careful of
a reader or that you've never read the ToS, or didn't comprehend what it said.

++Lar