 Administrative / General / 9594
Re: eBay's Auction for America
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:03:52 GMT

If Suzanne reads my posts and thinks they are off-topic, she is welcome to
cancel them, or even transfer them to OTD (if that can be done).

Scott A

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Tim Courtney writes:
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
Scott, you have been asked, twice, to keep this topic in .debate yet you
repeatedly redirect it back to lego.direct.

How rude.

The lego.direct newsgroup is for direct communication, not prolonged
discussion. You are in violation of the charter for the group when you
expound your pet social theories there, and engage in *debate* about them.

Perhaps this topic is now best directed to admin.general since you're
violating group charters, repeatedly, without remorse.

I'm not too comfortable with me too posts, but I'd like to second your
comments, Larry.  I've been rather irritated and offended by the rudeness of
Scott's postings and his lack of consideration towards people (in this case
the people at LEGO Direct, and the people reading the group).

4 points:
1) It was because I have some consideration towards people that I made the post.
2) The post was about Lego direct - it was not off.topic chat (in my opinion).
3) I was debating nothing. What I said is my view, and calling me "rude"
won't change it.

As for the charter. Read this:
==+==
This new .lego.* area (especially .lego.direct) is intended more as a
"community dialogue with the LEGO Company -- for courteous and concise
discussion" than as a regular traffic discussion group.
==+==

Now read John Neal's message:
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=3425

Scott A