 Off-Topic / Debate / 13611
Re: Anyone else think this is a bad idea?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 02:37:01 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:

Every country in the U.N. Secruity Council has dirt under the nails, Syria
is no better or worse.

You can't really mean that, can you?

Why not?

Because, warts and all, some countries are better, some are worse. Or do you
really think that all countries are the same across the board, all are
equally culpable?

No matter HOW many examples of US malfeasance you post you are never ever
going to convince me that Syria is less a sponsor of terrorism than say, the
Bahamas, or less repressive a regime than say, Holland. (I suspect you
aren't going to convince very many other people either, but I could be wrong.)

It just won't wash.

Some countries are better than others. Syria is one of the worst on just
about any metric you care to name. Any metric.

Saying differently destroys your credibility.

++Lar