 Off-Topic / Debate / 12898
Re: Stupid Tales of Misplaced Zeal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:10:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Santosh Bhat writes:
Larry Have you not seen the film "The Goadfather"? Parts I,III & IV, I
believe ;-)

Is that the one where they left a Hoarse head in a bed of flowers? :-)

Incidentally, has anyone else noticed how rather dumb some news reporters
seem behind their big news desk when there's no auto-cue to guide them? As
usually happens during major breaking news.

Its almost as if they're only there to appear intelligent.

Indeed. I was listening to the radio for several hours That Day, and many of
the stations were just carrying the TV network news. Amazing gaffes. Amazing
resistance to listening to the answers to questions they asked and using
what was said to ask a better question.

One in particular who I think is more clueless than most is Dan Rather. He
had James Woolsey on and was fixated on the question "will there be finger
pointing". Woolsey gave some great analysis. Rather asked the question
again, Woolsey said no, gave some more great analysis. Rinse, lather, repeat
about 3 more times. Rather hangs up on Woolsey, cutting him off and claiming
that it's a technical problem then intones "we just heard from James Woolsey
who agrees that there will be a lot of finger pointing after this".