 Off-Topic / Debate / 12870
12869  |  12871
Subject:
Tales of Stupidity (Re: Stupid Tales of Misplaced Zeal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 00:24:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  It begins:

  http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/16/gen.mesa.shooting/

  *sigh*  Not only wrong for attacking a fellow American,
  but too ignorant even to know who the target of his hate
  was.  Not, of course, that the perpetrator cared.  :(

Sigh indeed. My only contribution to this string is to change the subject line.
I do NOT see this sort of thing as misplaced zeal. Misplaced zeal is trying
to donate blood after you already heard that they don't need any.

This is stupidity and barbarism, not zeal.

Other than that I share your shock and condemnation. This is NOT what needs
to happen.

How do we spread that message? There have been reports of people trying to
do various things (go to mosques and just be with the congregation, march
arm in arm with muslims, etc) that show rejection of the message of blind
hate and prejudice. What else can be done?