 Off-Topic / Debate / 12423
  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) Dave - please see my response to Psi ((URL) for my apologies for this statement. I would however ask you to keep in mind that it was made in response to lawrence's sarcastic "thanks" to the U.S. I realize now (as is often the case with what I (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) Fair enough--I posted my message before you had explained your intention. (...) Perhaps something along the lines of "In my experience, products manufactured in China sometimes display less tightly-controlled standards of quality, such that (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) Nah. I think it's just Moon Madness (not a value statement about the moon, calm down everyone! ;) )--or maybe September Stress-- that's getting everyone in a tizzy. I know it's gotten the best of me a few times in the last week (maybe here (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LEGO Made in China & Charges of Racism

(...) LFB - thanks for the further validation that my original posting was not guilty of the charges that others were so quick to hurl at it. As it so typical with the people who screech "Racism!" and "Bigot!" (and living here in Richmond, Virginia (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LEGO Made in China & Charges of Racism

(...) Welcome to The United States of the Offended. For an interesting read try the "Bill of No Rights". One idea I always liked from it was that you do not have the right to be not offended. (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LEGO Made in China & Charges of Racism

Hey David, (...) Yeah. That's why once I've made a charge, if it's contested, I'll continue on (or apologize if I may have been wrong). Throwing things around flippantly like that will eventually destroy their meaning. I blame television. :) (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LEGO Made in China & Charges of Racism

Ooops! Bad nettiquette, but I mixed my idioms and my verbiage! In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun screws up: (...) Ack, I just reread this and it sounds really bad. I should have said "sustain my argument" and not "continue on" (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)