 Off-Topic / Debate / 11742
Re: Another Legend dies....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 23:47:15 GMT

Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
- a new good set (or a colour modification of the ML) would have been much more
helpful for MOCs (and wouldn't have hurt anybody at all).

I think in this discussion almost all arguments have exchanged at this
point. It's now just riding a dead horse. But I still have not heared one good
reason, why a 100% copy of the 4558 is neccessary. Builder and kids could live
with evident modifications as well as anybody else.

Ok, here's one reason against a different color 4558: For the US market,
4558 represents one of the most likely to be recognizeable passenger
trains to today's kids. I was just thinking the other day that perhaps
one reason that there have been a significant number of MISB 4558s
leaking out of Europe is that it doesn't represent a European train
nearly so well.

Now for myself, I'd probably have been doubly excited had they decided
to combine two legends and release 4557 and 4558 in 7740 colors... (I
need to put up good pictures of my 7740 compatible club car - the
red/yellow scheme looks very nice on the club car).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com