 Off-Topic / Debate / 11741
Re: Handgun Death Rate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 23:31:03 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
Dave Schuler wrote:

  Why should a witness feel a need to stop a crime, thereby placing himself
in harms' way for a stranger?

Because people are basically good, and want to help? That's why I would and
have in the past.

Being that CCW permits are next to impossible to get in most
states, I wouldn't be able to help.  The intent to help would be
there, but I'd have to stand by and  watch someone possibly die,
thanks to the ridiculous laws we have.

Michigan just passed a relaxed CCW law. Now, the CCW boards have to approve
anyone who passes a background check and pays the fee and complies with all
the other requirements (training among them) instead of just being able to
hand out permits to their cronies. Some large number of county prosecutors
resigned in "protest".

++Lar