 Off-Topic / Debate / 11435
  Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) Interestingly (or maybe not--you tell me), something analogous happened to me a few years ago during a one-on-one meeting with a Scientology "Advocate" (or whatever their brainwashers are called). Eventually I got sick of the crazy rhetoric (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) It was quite clearly a sign from God that Scientology is in fact stupid. DaveE (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) Blasphemy! Who will protect us from Xenu (not The Warrior Princess) if not L. Ron? Dave! (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) Gasp! You've read the super-secret extra-litigation copyrighted Operating Thetan documents? Don't you know that you can't properly appreciate those until you've been Declared Clear? You'd better take back that Undeserved and Inaccurate (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) He'd tell you that you actualised your desire and voila, a bus. Or something like that. Warning, be very careful discussing this particular, ahem, well, whatever it is they are. I hear they have some majorly powerful lawyers and I'd rather (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) I'm certainly not saying Scientology is a cult. I would never say Scientology is a cult. Anyone who would say Scientology is a cult is nuts. No sir, Scientology definitely is no cult in my book. (...) Actually, while it's not high cinema, I (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) Forget the magically appearing bus-- what I find totally amazing is that you actually spent 90 minutes with a Scientology recruiter! What did they do, bar the door shut? Maggie C. (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) It was a combination of things. I think I've demonstrated by now that I can't help leaping into the argumentative fray, so when the opportunity presented itself to go head-to-head with an apologist of such a... litigious cul--I mean, religion, (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)