 Off-Topic / Debate / 11441
Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 23:54:12 GMT

Interestingly (or maybe not--you tell me), something analogous happened to
me a few years ago during a one-on-one meeting with a Scientology "Advocate"
(or whatever their brainwashers are called).  Eventually I got sick of the
crazy rhetoric and decided to get out of there, but I couldn't find a good
point to break in to indicate my desire to leave without sounding rude.  So
I lied, saying that I had to catch a bus, and out the door I went, thinking
that no actual bus would be available and fully expecting to walk home.
However, along came the bus, which I boarded, so my lie was magically
transformed into a truth.  Or was it?  Maybe I'll need to consult with
Hubbard to make that determination.
By the way, during a 90-minute meeting the Advocate smoked all but two
cigarettes in a pack--an average of one every five minutes for the whole
session!  If that's what Scientology does for you, where do I sign up?

Forget the magically appearing bus-- what I find totally amazing is that you
actually spent 90 minutes with a Scientology recruiter!  What did they do, bar
the door shut?

Maggie C.