 Off-Topic / Debate / 11437
Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 20:02:18 GMT

Interestingly (or maybe not--you tell me), something analogous happened to
me a few years ago during a one-on-one meeting with a Scientology "Advocate"
(or whatever their brainwashers are called).  Eventually I got sick of the
crazy rhetoric and decided to get out of there, but I couldn't find a good
point to break in to indicate my desire to leave without sounding rude.  So
I lied, saying that I had to catch a bus, and out the door I went, thinking
that no actual bus would be available and fully expecting to walk home.
However, along came the bus, which I boarded, so my lie was magically
transformed into a truth.  Or was it?  Maybe I'll need to consult with
Hubbard to make that determination.

It was quite clearly a sign from God that Scientology is in fact stupid.

  Blasphemy!  Who will protect us from Xenu (not The Warrior Princess) if
not L. Ron?

     Dave!