 Off-Topic / Debate / 11143
  The Scott and Larry show (was: Nothing personal, but...)

Hi, My name is Christopher Weeks and I'm a debateoholic. Even when I know I shouldn't both responding, I find my fingers doing their inevitable dance on the keyboard. I just can't stop myself... (...) It sounds an awful lot like "infantile insults" (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Scott and Larry show (was: Nothing personal, but...)

(...) Am I wrong for saying this? Or is Larry wrong for tossing insults about? (...) Nope. From his message: (...) Is so, why is he so unwilling to admit that it was a pure fabrication? (...) I shall quote myself from my last message in this thread (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Scott and Larry show (was: Nothing personal, but...)

(...) HUNCH. Do you know what that word means? Obviously not. (...) What about the word HUNCH do you not understand? Once again, as usual, you've latched onto one word or phrase in a post and pounded it into the ground, ignoring the entire post (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Scott and Larry show (was: Nothing personal, but...)

(...) Tom, If it was a HUNCH, Larry needs to make it clear that it was a complete fabrication - not dress it up as fact. Read the text I quoted again - does it sound like a hunch. When Larry said he was "unwilling" to tell us all where he found the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Scott and Larry show (was: Nothing personal, but...)

(...) OK, here's some personal data from my observations. All AFOLs (10) that I have met (granted, a small sampling) in person have been white. Of those, one was a female. According to November 1, 2000 US Government Census estimates: (URL) of the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Scott and Larry show (was: Nothing personal, but...)

(...) I just re-read the page and the numbers are in thousands, my mistake.... (...) -Duane (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Scott and Larry show (was: Nothing personal, but...)

Y'know, the odd thing is I usually find Scott's remarks to be rather arguing the absurd, but I will admit that he's not wrong. Just pointless. (...) You're absoloutely right. Larry should indeed indicate that his statistics for the countries he was (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Scott and Larry show (was: Nothing personal, but...)

I agree with you Dave. I think actual question I am asking Larry is very minor. But the reason I am asking the question which is important. As I have said time and time again, I have become tired Larry making assertions and accusations which he (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Scott and Larry show (was: Nothing personal, but...)

(...) All US citizens, one presumes... (...) Well, it would be kind of hard to match those decimal places exactly when you had 10 points in the sample, but I see your point. :-) (...) Not a chance. You see, Lugnet does not represent the Lego-playing (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)