 Off-Topic / Debate / 10262
    Re: A question of remembrance... —Daniel Jassim
   (...) Why make my statement sound so far fetched? Is it any more or less valid than the British finally pulling out of India? With regard to Israel, I wouldn't call my statement a generalization. The specific fact remains that the European Jews ran (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: A question of remembrance... —Lindsay Frederick Braun
     (...) Because after the British "left" India, there were still a lot of Britons who elected to stay, and India still existed. Who would leave if "the greedy Zionists" packed up and "went home" to the places where they--pardon me, their grandparents (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: A question of remembrance... —Daniel Jassim
     Thank you for your input, Lindsay, and for presenting the "facts on the ground" point of view about the Israeli occupation. The Zionists would like nothing better than to hold up their children born in Israel as a further claim to the land they took (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: A question of remembrance... —Dave Schuler
      (...) Just for my own clarity, Dan, what would you say to the Jews born in Israel in the last fifty years? While their births don't "entitle" the Jews as a people to usurp land from anyone, I don't understand why the native-born Israelis wouldn't (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: A question of remembrance... —Lindsay Frederick Braun
     (...) I can't disagree at all with that last prescription. I've been reading very closely articles that point out that even within the territory Israel claims as sovereign, Palestinians and other non-Jewish residents will outnumber Jews within 20 (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: A question of remembrance... —Tom Stangl
   (...) Um, you're missing the point. If everyone lays down their claim, that INCLUDES your Arabs. <cluephone, ring, ring> -- | Tom Stangl, iPlanet Web Server Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | iPlanet Support - (URL) A division of AOL (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)