 Off-Topic / Debate / *7731 (-10)
  Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

Tom Stangl wrote:. (...) I agree wholeheartedly; in fact, I think it is the *best* way to gain an understanding of an opposing viewpoint. All I can ask a skeptic is to presuppose the existence of God for the sake of argument. Get somewhat (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Critical Thinking

(...) Along these same lines, though in a longer format, is Michael Shermer's book "Why People Believe Weird Things," which I also recommend for anyone who'd like to see an application of critical thinking to a range of odd claims and phenomena, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) Without getting into the question of which is better, it nevertheless still begs the question of why. WHY are you less interested in fun toys? Is it proper for a government to arrange its affairs so that people HAVE to be less materialistic to (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Critical Thinking

Digging around, looking for something else, I ran across this rather interesting cite... (URL) here have reason to disagree with it? It is in the context of evaluating paranormal claims, but has bearing on a lot of what we've been bandying about (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) That's why there are still Marxists and Communists in the world! (And, some would argue, Greens and Libertarians.) best LFB (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) That's it exactly, and it applies pretty much to any belief system. That is, the system's truth or falsehood isn't determined by the zaniness or non-zaniness of its supporters. Dave! (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) I fully appreciate your questions. Anyone who argues here for the sake of argument is a fool and a waster of time. These questions for me strike at the very reason I choose to get up every day and live. Albert Camus, a great (IMO) (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) Yep! Wow, Dave! you're right there when I need ya. I just got posting not two seconds ago referring to you. ...and now I'm off, got stuff to do. This looks pretty interesting though :) -Tim (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) Having read some of the follow-up fallout to that question, I'd like to ask you a question in return before I answer--what do you think I believe, given my stance here and in whatever debates you've read previously? I'm not squirming, by the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

"Jon Kozan" <jauction@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G4wFFH.25F@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) Maybe Bill didn't outline them all here, but I'm still searching, here's the little bit I found: (URL) last sentence of Bill's first paragraph) Maybe (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact