 Off-Topic / Debate / 7731
Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 19:00:09 GMT

Tom Stangl wrote:.

In fact, some of the best debates you can have is
from BOTH sides debating the view opposite to theirs.

I agree wholeheartedly; in fact, I think it is the *best* way to gain an
understanding of an opposing viewpoint.  All I can ask a skeptic is to presuppose
the existence of God for the sake of argument.  Get somewhat comfortable with the
idea that a God may exist, rather than reject it categorically and argue from the
"knowledge" that one doesn't.

I mean really... how many atheists/agnostics have *really* pondered God's existence
or thought through some of the ramifications if one did?  I think that most people
who don't believe in God are too lazy, afraid, or selfish to think about it.

But if anyone is game, I would love to debate from opposite sides.  Takers?

-John