 Off-Topic / Debate / 7735
Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 20:01:28 GMT

I think that most people
who don't believe in God are too lazy, afraid, or selfish to think about it.

I am lazy and act in my own self interest as much of the time as I possibly
can. And I'm afraid too... Afraid I consider those virtues rather than the
denigrating characteristics you make them out to be. I'm not "most people",
believe me, but I have thought about it. A lot.

But if anyone is game, I would love to debate from opposite sides.  Takers?

I would, but I've tried and I can't come up with any better arguments than
the Cosmological, Ontological and Epistimelogical ones already invented. If
I post those standard ones, you'll just tear the standard holes in them, or
should.

Since it's been done, what's the benefit?

Heck, (speaking as one of the thread prolonging guilty parties...) what's
the benefit of this thread? Anything new come out lately?