 Off-Topic / Debate / 7736
Re: Critical Thinking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 20:07:39 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:G4wJLA.DAL@lugnet.com...
http://www.csicop.org/si/9012/critical-thinking.html

Anyone here have reason to disagree with it? It is in
the context of evaluating paranormal claims, but has
bearing on a lot of what we've been
bandying about lately.

What happens if we hold him up to his own standard?

It must be possible to conceive of evidence that would prove the
claim -- 'It must be possible to conceive of evidence that would prove
the claim false' -- false. What evidence would prove that claim false?
More simply, is the statement, "Every true claim is falsifiable"
falsifiable?

Just something to think about...

--
later...    Jer