 Off-Topic / Debate / *6371 (-20)
  Re: Quote: "Legos are for 9 year olds..."

(...) My 2 cents I went and looked at the site when it came out. It didn't look like something I'd want to do myself, but I didn't see it as totally unsafe or anything. On the other hand I think I understand the model rocketry guys sensitivity to (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Quote: "Legos are for 9 year olds..."

(...) Certainly it's for 9 year olds; why shouldn't they be included? Dave! (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Quote: "Legos are for 9 year olds..."

The subject line is a quote from a thread in rec.models.rockets dated August 28. I realize that most of you don't care, but I thought you might be interested in at least looking at this thread on rec.models.rockets It's getting out of control and (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: horizontal rocketry: wdyt?

(...) I do not think your morons, however I would strongly suggest that you start using wire guides from now on. Make a spool and capstan assembley with good quality multi-strand cable. Parts may still fly off but will help keep the majority of the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: horizontal rocketry: wdyt?

Thanks! No, no one was hurt (we've done about 15 LEGO-related rocket experiments so far). I've experienced enough burns and projectiles hits in other ways to know what it feels like. And, BTW, I DO manage to do some moronic things come to think of (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: horizontal rocketry: wdyt?

(...) Why might you be morons? Simply because you used Lego and rocket engines to do something else? Or because of some kind of danger involved? If they are accusing you of being possible morons because of a danger factor, ask yourself this: Was (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  horizontal rocketry: wdyt?

This post concerns those people who've seen our rocket cars/plane(s). After reading a thread in rec.models.rockets I am (that is, the lot of us in Victoria) faced with the fact that we might be 'morons' (we didn't start or recommend the thread). (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Has anyone heard of this?

(...) I find that very unlikely. I don't see much anywhere near as much MB on the shelves as real LEGO around here. Stores such as TRU and WalMart tend to stock a few of the bulk tubs of bricks, and KB tends to have a few of the tiny sets, but they (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Has anyone heard of this?

(...) I will second Dave! on this one. MB minis do kinda suck, but then it also depends on which ones we are discussing -- I happen to really like the king figure in the Lion's Kingdom set, as well as the Eve White/Eve Black Queen/Witch figures, and (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The LEGOCRATIC National Convention

(...) Correct there. Seems like the basic views of the parties are in contention with one another. What a great controversy... -Nick (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.va.new, lugnet.town, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Has anyone heard of this?

(...) In fact, clone brands *have* come up with something on their own, namely a less expensive product to allow children and collectors a wider range of building choices than Lego alone can provide. However, to assert that all clone brands are (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The LEGOCRATIC National Convention

(...) Do you have a nominee for President and VP? I could try to stage a presidential debate in my town's playhouse, (right behind the arena). (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.va.new, lugnet.town, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Nicholas Fezie" <NSFosaur@aol.com> wrote in message news:FzoHut.FI1@lugnet.com... (...) are (...) parts (...) If you're looking at it from the perspective of parts, yes. But, I was looking at it from the POV of conservatives lean towards 'older' (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.va.new, lugnet.town, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The LEGOCRATIC National Convention

(...) I must disagree with you here Tim. I believe Juniorization is actually conservative because fewer parts are used. Liberals would use as many parts as possible to build models. So that's my two cents. Now I need to go film my tv commercial, "It (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.va.new, lugnet.town, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Nicholas Fezie" <NSFosaur@aol.com> wrote in message news:FzoG2H.9Mq@lugnet.com... (...) fight (...) it. (...) from (...) To (...) Conservative, of course! Down with Juniorization! Restore our themes to their roots! ;) -- Tim Courtney - (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.va.new, lugnet.town, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The LEGOCRATIC National Convention

(...) even awe! The happy face of all minifigs is nothing but a lie! We must fight for more emotion! <applause> Shut up! </applause> Now to get on with it. What a great convention we have had, now we must build our way to freedom from oppression and (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.va.new, lugnet.town, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The LEGOCRATIC National Convention

(...) John (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.va.new, lugnet.town, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  The LEGOCRATIC National Convention

Here is something for those of you who love to follow politics (Whenever you need a break from the LEGOs, of course). Are you tired of the same ol' politics of the past? The bitter fighting in Washington getting to you? Well, the fine people of the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.va.new, lugnet.town, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I'm lucky to be alive

Taking's Scott's cue to direct this towards .debate (though my response here isn't particularly of a debating nature).... (...) Actually, in this particular case, I think the truck riding up onto my vehicle may have saved me some injury. Of course (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I'm lucky to be alive

I am glad that Frank is alive, but this "discussion" is drifting into another debate issue, rather than Frank, so I redirected it to there. FUT To off.topic.debate, dropped loc.us Scott S. -- Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) Page (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact