 Off-Topic / Debate / 6368
Re: horizontal rocketry: wdyt?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 22:32:26 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Randy Anchikoski writes:
This post concerns those people who've seen our rocket cars/plane(s).

After reading a thread in rec.models.rockets I am (that is, the lot of us in
Victoria) faced with the fact that we might be 'morons' (we didn't start or
recommend the thread).

Knowing that people treasure their hobbies and see alternate uses as
sacrilegious, I am not all that surprised at the rocketeer's response.
However, do any of you people here see it as particularly dangerous?  I
mean, more so than regular rocketry? (remember that LEGO is heavier than the
paper tube used in rockets).

I do not think your morons, however I would strongly suggest that you start
using wire guides from now on. Make a spool and capstan assembley with good
quality multi-strand cable. Parts may still fly off but will help keep the
majority of the parts in the Track area and not at the Camera Person, observers
etc.

I hope you will continue your line of research and get Eye protection and First
Aid kits too. IAFAGUSLAE!!!

Best
DaveG