 Off-Topic / Debate / *5191 (-10)
  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) I would argue (we're x-posted to .debate now), that if anything TV should not be held as a standard for what should and shouldn't be done on LUGNET. By nature, TV is ratings hungry.. and if they think they can grab a few more seconds of (...) (25 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) Purely a question of curiosity, what does "geeting the irrits" mean? Is it a OZism? I can guess from context and I ask because it seems a neat phrase. ++Lar (25 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Scans of jan. British LEGO magazine , About the Lego Logo!!!

Michael Edwards <medwards@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message news:Fs6DAB.5xx@lugnet.com... (...) may (...) I'd be more worried about obtaining permission to host complete scans of the magazine rather than whether to blue-out the logo or not. Huw (25 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) Ya. I'll give your post an 80, it's got a good beat and you can dance to it. Seriously, on the main issue, is there anyone who doesn't already know what everyone's position is? The side issues(1) are somewhat interesting if we can get to (...) (25 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) This would be perfectly on-topic for .market.theory, BTW, as long as it's about TLC and how it affects the market and vice-versa. If it gets into more screaming and name-calling and away from LEGO then it's probably better in (...) (25 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.theory)

"Richard Franks" <spontificus@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Fs6x33.FyG@lugnet.com... (...) I think this should just end. The whole thing is going nowhere fast. I think everyone made some valid points when this all started, now all that is (...) (25 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) Somewhere in the deep dark dank depths of .debate... hopefully :) Richard (25 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Scans of jan. British LEGO magazine , About the Lego Logo!!!

(...) Well I'll try to be more constructive this time :) I think Huw is right - cropping the LEGO logo and using it arbitarily on your page is a bit like designing your own car, and putting Rolls Royce badges on it? Scanning published content is (...) (25 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Scans of jan. British LEGO magazine , About the Lego Logo!!!

Hi Great a blue block I am starting to get a bit worried now, the Legofair page on Lego says the logo's must not be shown, Now Huw suggest it may applies to standalone logo's but not pictures with the logo on it, say like a manual Would it be ok if (...) (25 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) Richard raises an interesting point, one which I hope the advent of LEGO Direct will adequately address. I've been geeting the irrits reading this particular debate (why hasn't it moved to .off-topic.debate yet?) with you guys complaining (...) (25 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.debate) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact