 General / 16923
Re: Scans of jan. British LEGO magazine , About the Lego Logo!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 11:17:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Michael Edwards writes:

Now Huw suggest it may applies to standalone logo's but not pictures with
the logo on it, say like a manual

Would it be ok if I start scanning images and not remove the logo as it may
give the wrong image to younger people new to Lugnet

Well I'll try to be more constructive this time :) I think Huw is right -
cropping the LEGO logo and using it arbitarily on your page is a bit like
designing your own car, and putting Rolls Royce badges on it?

Scanning published content is different as it shows the logos exactly in the
context in which they were planned. That said, aren't the magazines still
available via back-order? If there's a suitable number in the magazines you
might want to phone and ask if you can reproduce some/any of them, or just the
arctic prototype bit?

Richard

[Followups set back to loc.uk]