 Local / United Kingdom / 3528
Re: Scans of jan. British LEGO magazine , About the Lego Logo!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:02:22 GMT

Richard Franks wrote in message ...
In lugnet.general, Michael Edwards writes:

Now Huw suggest it may applies to standalone logo's but not pictures with
the logo on it, say like a manual

Would it be ok if I start scanning images and not remove the logo as it • may
give the wrong image to younger people new to Lugnet

Well I'll try to be more constructive this time :) I think Huw is right -
cropping the LEGO logo and using it arbitarily on your page is a bit like
designing your own car, and putting Rolls Royce badges on it?

OT: You know someone actually did this once. He built a car round a Rolls
Royce 27litre! merlin engine in order to demonstrate the strength of his
company's gearboxes. He then put a Rolls Royce bonnet mascot on the front,
and was consequently sued! He, and the car fled the country. Now the car is
back - somewhere in the Guildford area, and I had the privelege of seing it
one time. Photo's, and more details if you want them.

Scanning published content is different as it shows the logos exactly in • the
context in which they were planned.

Restoring a classic, and keeping the mascot would be fine, even though the
car was not rebuilt by Rolls Royce.

That said, aren't the magazines still
available via back-order? If there's a suitable number in the magazines you
might want to phone and ask if you can reproduce some/any of them, or just • the
arctic prototype bit?

Richard

[Followups set back to loc.uk]