 Off-Topic / Debate / *25726 (-20)
  Re: Worthlessness

(...) I could, but that sounds very uninteresting to me. And part of my problem with the BT is that depictions of Biblical stories using LEGO minifigs tend to mock them (the stories, that is:-) LEGO sculptures of a creche, for instance, are okay. (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) I repent! But give me no penance, sinner. (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Worthlessness

(...) Well, I do usually concur with your assessments... I don't go "I'm contributing to this charity *because* I'm a Christian!" or "I'm helping this little old lady across the street *because* of my Christian values!" Much like, I suppose, you (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Worthlessness

(...) That's actually about the best argument for atheism that I've ever heard a non-atheist put forth. If we as individuals accept the responsibility of caring for the planet and for each other during our fleeting time here, then what more is (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) Boy, have you got it wrong! The real question is "Why do almost all religious discussions in ot.debate inevitably start out as discussions of other subjects?" Dave! (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) Don, you completely miss the boat in your analysis. I said life without God, is meaningless. Meaning, God gives our lives purpose, God gives us hope, God gives us strength to carry on each day; to live. Without that motivation, what is the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

"Teddy Welsh" <ewelsh@wsc.ma.edu> wrote in message news:I40H0H.1yKv@lugnet.com... (...) Great idea! And while we're at it, I'd like to suggest the following groups be made to further separate people away from the reason why we come to lugnet in the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org) !

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

well. This isn't how I would usually choose to out myself, but....I feel obliged to make some kind of response. I am a long time lego fan, and I live a gay lifestyle. Although it is usually not discussed, most people who know me also know this, or (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) Off the top of my head: "Why do almost all discussions in lugnet.off-topic.debate inevitably turn into discussions of religion?" (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Fair and Balanced, as always.

(...) Well, technically you are correct: I regard Bush as sunk, not sinking. Though I suppose you could be refering to the polls and not how history will judge him, which may lead to your confusion on that front. (...) Can't say how many, but (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Fair and Balanced, as always.

(...) You weren't listening....I said sinking, stinking, garbage barge:-) You know, I have criticisms of Republicans, too, but you all have that angle covered, so my input is extreneous! (...) How much does it pay? :-) JOHN (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Fair and Balanced, as always.

(...) You defend Bush all the time, so evidentily you don't practice as you preach. :-). (...) Being a slacker and a professional prevaricator is your ambition in life? :-) -->Bruce<-- (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) Why? For starters... (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) Which ones? Chris (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Worthlessness

(...) Of course they weren't--that's what makes the parable so good-- See Jesus says that the 'God' folk passed on helping the beat up sod in the gutter, but the Samaritan, without being a believer, was the only one who had the compassion to help (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Microsoft and IBM in secret plot?

(...) However, daily I read news items like -- (URL) mean, a person gets fired over a bumper sticker? I'm sure that if someone were to do some research, they'd find someone who may have been shown the door 'cause they had a 'Bush/Cheney' sticker on (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Worthlessness

(...) Without trying to dilute your point, which I find quite valid, I have to say that your question piqued my curiousity. So, for what it's worth. A quick search via Google got me this page: (URL) it is claimed that the Samaritans adopted old (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) No, I'm merly attempting to point out in my own inept way that the sentiments expressed by John are strikingly similar those used by used by the terrorists to justify their actions. Draw all the spiritual support you need, but don't use it to (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Worthlessness

(...) All right then, why don't you simply address the worthless part and forget about the proximity to that particular date. Hey, I've got an idea. Since the worthless comment stemmed from an argument over the pictoral interpretation of the bible (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  LP press release: Lessons from Guard Duty flap

"Here's the lesson that Americans should learn as a result of the controversy over George Bush's service in the National Guard, Libertarians say: When governments wage futile, unnecessary wars -- such as Vietnam and Iraq -- young Americans will try (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact