 Off-Topic / Debate / *25641 (-10)
  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does sexual preference have to do with building with Lego? I always saw it as a fairly asexual enterprise. Am I missing a whole field of exploration here? Allister (20 years ago, 14-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Lavender Brick Society

I've been kicking an idea around for a while, and I wanted to put it out to the community: I'd like to start an organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered (LGBT) AFOLs. A lavender brick society, if you like. It's seemed to me that (...) (20 years ago, 14-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org) !!

  Putin and Bush... more alike than different?

(URL) to me how eliminating direct popular election of governors and Duma members will help fight terror? One part Putin has right: "The Russian president said that terrorism is rooted in the low living standards in the North Caucasus, in widespread (...) (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) How so? (And I ask this sincerely!) (...) My spider-sense tells me that this is an attempt to trick me into formulating an ontological argument for God's existence, but I'll give it a try anyway. First of all, I'm not sure that I would worship (...) (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: God and worth (was re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred)

(...) Only if you choose to define it that way. I used to work with a Christian who said something like "if emotions are just chemical reactions, aren't they meaningless?" Well, sure. Insofar as I attach no truly transcendent, metaphysical "meaning" (...) (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Help me with the math

(...) Bruce gave a good refutation of this, and in any case the buck doesn't stop with everyone else--it stops with Dubya. If he endorsed the intelligence report, then he, as the highest link in the chain, bears primary responsibility for the (...) (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) Actually, I think the current situation with regard to a rea/ideal god does exist. I don't bother him and he doesn't bother me. But if I were to answer: He would show himself. He would provide a quid pro quo deal that I can understand. He (...) (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Neal wrote: [snip] Excuse the paraphrase, but did you just say something like, "Life without Allah is worthless." On Septermber 11th? Wow. (20 years ago, 12-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) And for a Christian to (URL) mock or criticize non-believers by calling their lives worthless>, I would have to question motives. Get down off your high horse, please John. ROSCO (20 years ago, 12-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:I3tB8E.L00@lugnet.com... (...) So if the motive for criticizing or poking fun at the Bible could *possibly* be traced to intolerance or bigotry then it is immoral? It doesn't seem to me that The Brick (...) (20 years ago, 11-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact