 Off-Topic / Debate / *20091 (-20)
  Re: Newspeak 2003

(...) If he kept going and took out the greater evil, Arafat the whole peace process would have a new spin on it. Scott (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Old news, but still relevant

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message > Yea!!! (...) "O Lord. We beseech thee to bless thy Holy Handgrenade, that it may protect the righteous from the sharp pointy toothed beasts of the world. May your divine grace give us the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Newspeak 2003

(...) Mimicking U.S. foreign policy and strategies I was thinking that perhaps Iraq could invade Israel and "decapitate" the evil regime headed by known terrorist and war criminal Ariel Sharon. It all depends on one's perspective, doesn't it? -- (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Don’t you just hate the pinko US media?

(...) Yeah, I go to CNN to read the propaganda and see what FOX's competition has to say about things. I go to the BBC for something approximating the truth. The real problem is how most americans just don't do ANY digging for the truth. If it's not (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Newspeak 2003

(...) I think I read somewhere that the Russians claimed that the U.S. forces were just looking for an excuse as to why their overrated and expensive weapons were failing in their intended use. This excuse could give them good mileage when it comes (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Newspeak 2003

(...) My Papa was at a 60th wedding anniversary on the weekend.. (60! wow!). It was for friends of the family--for us kids growing up, almost like godparents. Anyway, "Jim", husband of wife, Jean, was in the british forces during WW2 and was also (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Newspeak 2003

(...) It makes about as much sense as the Palestinians asking that Saddam launch missiles (that he doesn't have) containing chemical weapons (that he doesn't have) at Israel, I guess... (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Newspeak 2003

(...) Didn't some of those missiles (GPS guided) go awry while GPS jammers (sold and serviced by Russian companies, as it turns out... probably because they underbid the French) were being deployed? You can't fault the missiles directly for that. (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Old news, but still relevant

(...) (URL) there was much rejoicing! Dave K - (URL) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Old news, but still relevant

(URL) Dave! Proud LUGNET member since yesterday! (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Stating the obvious [or "HOME OF THE FREE: ARNETT JOINS MIRROR"]

(...) <snip> (...) <snip> (...) Yup. April 1st, is strange times indeed. I might be wrong, this has an impressive scope for an April Fool's joke, but anything I see this morning gets a couple extra runs through the skeptisism filter. "I've always (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Newspeak 2003

(...) I think my favourite thus far is that "He will use the WoMD that don't exist when the forces close in on him." How does that sentence make sense at all? Dave K (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Newspeak 2003

(...) But they missed the intended country *very* precisely. Actually, I thought I heard that (at least some of) the missiles that hit Iran had been identified as Iraqi in origin. Can anyone verify this? Granted, even if true, the Iraqis only fired (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Newspeak 2003

(...) No way! Are you saying that the word "terrorism" is misused to discredit the enemy? I am shocked! Another interesting term is "precision bombing". The US government has officially apologized to the Iranian government for US missiles hitting (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My over-simplification of the anti-war movement

(...) Hi Maggie..:-) Things are not pretty here. Although the "no to US troops" decision is mainly based on the usual misorganization of our government, it quite represents the public opinion about the whole mess. This opinion of course, has both (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Concession (for John mostly)

(...) Yes, now that I was reminded that this debate was discussed earlier, and that there will probably be no 'official' consensus as to what Truman knew, we can only go by official accounts--Truman didn't know exactly what the emporer said or (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Concession (for John mostly)

(...) They didn't accept the call for unconditional surrender, war was continuing. I'm not sure why you aren't getting it, and I'm kinda tired of having to repeat it. (...) Go back to what Dave wrote: "recent evidence suggests that the Emperor was (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: ...so much for winning hearts and minds. [was Re: Outrageous ...]

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur writes: <snip> can't comment on 'friendly fire'--Americans killed Canadians in same fashion in war games earlier... but this one-- (...) Was watching CNN all last night and this was the topic of concern-- (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Concession (for John mostly)

(...) I agree, but I doubt he'll find the time to justify his argument. Scott A (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Stating the obvious [or "HOME OF THE FREE: ARNETT JOINS MIRROR"]

Poor Mr Arnett; sacked for sating the obvious one day: Veteran reporter sacked over TV claims (URL) national TV network, NBC, fired Arnett after he granted an impromptu interview to Iraq's state-run television, during which he echoed widespread (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact