 Off-Topic / Debate / *12791 (-10)
  Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them

(...) My point was that you are lacking objectivity on this issue. Your response does nothing other than prove my point. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Yes. (...) Indeed you have. (...) Larry I hate no one. I read your post on this issue and i see hate. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Have you hugged a terrorist today? (was: A Measured Response...)

"Amy Hughes" <lugnews@amyhughes.org> wrote in message news:GJotMs.A8t@lugnet.com... (...) Governments hug terrorists everyday. Yasser Arafat was the bin Laden of his day Irish terrorists now sit around the same peace table with those who thought (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Response to Misinformation (Some other perspectives on the tragedy)

(...) I don't have a problem with a short and sweet black ops kinda thing executed with as close to surgical precision as we can get. I would prefer capture to killing for a variety reasons (i.e. no martyrs, we stay stainless before the world, (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LP statement on terrorist attacks

(...) I wish I'd seen this earlier. The section I especially relate to is: "The U.S. went to Vietnam to stop the Communist dominos from falling, and the entire region fell to the communists. The U.S. invaded Panama, supposedly to end drug-dealing (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LP statement on terrorist attacks

Thought this might make interesting reading. It's by Harry Browne (LP) and though I'm a tad more hawkish than he, he makes great points in favor of moderation. (URL) He articulates what he believes, but most importantly answers some of the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Have you hugged a terrorist today? (was: A Measured Response...)

(...) And I think that's going way too far. Their genes have little if anything to do with what they've done. Sweeping statements like this are unlikely to solve anything, and they just serve to increase hate in the community. How do you think (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) Huh??? Yes, I'm against military action. That doesn't mean I'm against action. (...) Because thinking about it now will reduce the needless deaths which will just mount up the longer we leave it. (...) 1. List all the wars in history. 2. Put a (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Have you hugged a terrorist today? (was: A Measured Response...)

(...) My apologies. I forgot which emoticon to use to indicate "user is being sarcastic and employing gross exaggeration" :-) Amy (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  depth of caring

First, I want to thank Amy for providing that link to pics from the world, wow... Thanks a lot for making me cry again. :-) Second, on a related note which I am sure is being played out all over the country although I haven't got all the details (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact