 Off-Topic / Debate / 12782
12781  |  12783
Subject:
depth of caring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 05:58:30 GMT

First, I want to thank Amy for providing that link to pics from the world,
wow... Thanks a lot for making me cry again. :-)

Second, on a related note which I am sure is being played out all over the
country although I haven't got all the details yet... a local radio station
and TV station started a telethon to raise money for the Red Cross. GR isn't
the largest media market, our MSA is just barely 1M people... but this pair
of stations, starting from late yesterday without a lot of advance planning,
has raised....

THREE HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS.

Is that amazing or what? Is that wonderful or what? And that is above and
beyond the money that people from the area surely gave individually via the
web or telephone. People ARE basically good and honest and kind and true.

I am sure, as I said, that this is happening everywhere else around the
country and the world too.

Bloodied but unbowed.

++Lar