 Off-Topic / Debate / 12926
Re: depth of caring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 07:57:12 GMT

The latest tally I have is 650,000.00 USD raised for the Red Cross in a
media market of only 1 million, with little publicity other than on the
stations themselves.

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=474043&nav=0Rcd0Uts4h5k

Does anyone have tales of elsewhere to share? I can't believe that GR was
the only place that did this.

This isn't quite as large-scale, but a Pittsburgh radio station held a
fund raiser at a local stadium and took in somewhere over $180,000.00 in
just 10 hours.  I don't have a link, but they announced it on-air.

    Dave!

Los Angeles had 2 drives sponsored by competing TV stations. $350,000 was raised
by one. Over $1,000,000 was raised by the other. Not bad for a couple of anchors
who made a simple phone call to get them started.

-Dave